PDA

View Full Version : Hello to the the Phillipine dive community.

hbharrigan
10-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Hello to all of the divers out there in contact this wedpage. I am here with the hope to connect to other divers that know and appreciate the fantastic diving in the Philippines.

I am an American married to a great filipina that, through her introduction to the Phillipines, has opened my eyes to the wonders of the undersea world. I had an awakening the first time I dove, without a mask, and opened my eyes, upon the aquarium of Balayan Bay. At that piont I knew I had to have a place in this fantastic underwater world.

Since then (2005) I found a lot on Ronco Beach (Luzon) and built my house on the beach south of Calatagan. I put every day of vacation time together each year for that trip to the beachouse and the experiences of diving on Anilao, Puerto Galera and Boracay. I dream of the adventures ahead in divng spots further out in islands.

Obviously: I am a newbie to all of this and am looking for freinds and old hands to help in finding the best dive spots and sources to get there. So; if you have some advice I am very interested in your experiences.

Thank you for allowing me into your community of divers. I am humbled by the beauty and awesome scope of the undersea world in the Philippines. But cannot wait to go over the side for another deep plunge into the sea.

Administrator
10-17-2010, 07:36 PM
It looks like you were able to overcome the registration hurdle, so welcome to the DTP community.

We haven't yet announced or advertised the grand opening so to speak, so once we get a few more modifications done to the community, we will announce all.

How did you find us?

Anilao is one of the better kept dive destination secrets in the Philippines, but the rest of the world is starting to hear about it.

You're lucky you have a beach house there!

Rosemarie Harrigan
12-21-2010, 06:31 AM
Hello to all! I'm Rose Harrigan, married to another member "hbharrigan".
We own a beach house at Ronco Beach in Calatagan, Batangas. We started operation as a Bed and Breakfast this year. My husband is a diver who has dived so far in Calatagan, Anilao, Puerto Galera and Boracay. We hope to someday explore other dive locations. Does anyone know where we can get nautical or other charts for the Batangas waters?

Administrator
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Mabuhay Rosemarie.

For your Batangas nautical navigation charts, try map #91309 which can be found here (http://www.cartographic.com/xq/asp/navmode.r/cmd.ZOOMTOPRODUCT/INDEXTABLE.NGA_CHARTS_5000_49999_1/ZOOMOBJECTID.1381/SCALE.1000/SearchMapIndex-2000029-209.91309/stp.1/rid.209/tid.2/sid.777/cid.2000029/oid.0/vid.0/qx/hub/index.asp) or a less expensive one here (https://www.bluewaterweb.com/NauticalCharts/Chart.asp?SKU=X91309&GeoID=1408)